Friday, January 7, 2011

Pabst Brewery, Milwaukee

Well, it isn't Columbia.  But I took it in another city where I lived for about five years, and to which I feel I owe a tip of the creative/formative hat.  Milwaukee.  This was the main gate into the Pabst Brewery for those desiring a tour or a tipple.  The gate led into a brick courtyard, and beyond this was a stately brick building with leaded windows and a very authentic aura of old world charm and craftsmanship.  The building was located on the top of a hill, near Juneau avenue.  From the hill you can see a broad swath of the Milwaukee downtown.  I used to park in the neighborhood and walk up the hill, with camera and tripod, to photograph in and around the brewery.  This was always my first destination when I wanted to photograph, but didn't have any distinct ideas about where or how to start.  I thought this photo of the gate was appropriate for our entrance into a new year, 2011.  This photo was taken on a Friday night in early December, probably around 2005.  I have a few friends here in Columbia who drink Pabst.   I guess that is my only connection to Columbia with this image.  I hope you don't mind leaving Columbia for one post....we'll get back to work on Columbia in the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment